We are hoping a local teacher – possibly more for a job share – would be keen to help us organise our Schools’ Programme for the autumn term this year. We are bidding for funds to pay for an exciting programme that includes writers visiting schools to talk to and run workshops with children, two storytellers visiting schools, and a writing competition with prizes.
Furness Litfest will therefore pay for the visitors’ fees and expenses, any materials and equipment required and the prizes for the competitions. We will also want prizes to be awarded at our Launch on 1 November, hence the deadline to be borne in mind.
- In return we would ask the Co-ordinator[s] to:
- Communicate with schools involved in good time
- Ensure school venues are ready for use – at least two speakers – and pupils from other schools invited to attend.
- Keep a balance between different schools, remembering we are Furness Litfest, for all the peninsula’s schools.
- Organise the competition [perhaps three age ranges] but we do have some judges available.
- Liaise with the Festival Director
One school has already offered to host an event [a family storytelling occasion] but the rest are to be determined.
The Festival Director, Ron Creer, is happy to come to schools and discuss matters further.
email@example.com 07928 747205